- Working longer hours accomplishes less in the long run
- Busyness does not equal productivity, and feeling productive doesn’t mean you necessarily are
- You need time away from work
- Planning time saves execution time
- Energy is more important than time
- Say ‘No’ to get more done
- “user-generated videos are viewed 10 times more than brand-generated videos on YouTube”
- Done is better than perfect
- Automate any task you do more than 5 times
- Use data to back up your decisions
URX is working on links that redirect into the app itself, rather than your mobile browser. Important!
The Touristification of Education struck a chord with me in regard to American’s preposterous tendency to make the scary world user friendly.
- Touristifiation, defined by Nicholas Taleb: “the systematic removal of uncertainty and randomness from things, trying to make matters highly predictable in their smallest details. All that for the sake of comfort, convenience, and efficiency.”
- Touristified education systems don’t work because they don’t care if your entry to the real world is difficult. It doesn’t affect them.
- He advocates a ‘flaneurial’ education – one marked by forward failures and an aimless exploratory spirit
Unroll.me finds all your email subscriptions and ties them together in one big newsletter. Man, has this changed my inbox!
Hilarious NYT Dramatization of a court case where the definition of a photocopier comes into question is absurd yet fantastic. They also have a mathematical way to help you figure out how to divide the rent.
Seth Godin says resumes are for suckers, since they just set you up to be a cog in the machine.
- If you don’t have a resume, what do you have? How about three extraordinary letters of recommendation from people the employer knows or respects?Or a sophisticated project they can see or touch? Or a reputation that precedes you? Or a blog that is so compelling and insightful that they have no choice but to follow up?
- If you don’t have those, why do you think you are remarkable, amazing or just plain spectacular? It sounds to me like if you don’t have those, you’ve been brainwashed into acting like you’re sort of ordinary.
- Great jobs, world class jobs, jobs people kill for… those jobs don’t get filled by people emailing in resumes. Ever.
Alexei Andreev offers a step by step breakdown of his search for an computer engineer job. His learnings are helpful for any tech job search.
Writers.stackexchange offers crowd funded writing tips that stand the expert test.
- Show, don’t tell.
- When you write, don’t edit, and stay of the internet, and know that it is okay to suck
- Cut adjectives and adverbs
- Read all the time to improve your writing
- Write what you know
Noah Kagan shares how to 10x your blogs traffic through analyzing your prior successful posts
Plenty of Startup resources: Join Startups with a clean comprehensive job listing resource, a master list of YC investments, Seedinvest as crowd funding for startups, and Gust as an alternative to Angellist
Adrienne Tran notices that not only are you a result of what you eat and who you hang out with, but what media you watch. Popular media is junk food: delicious in the short run but deadly in the long. Consume consciously. #antinews #antiTV